Evaluation of bioactivity, safety, toxicology and mechanisms of action of functional ingredients through the design of in vitro and in vivo assays.
• Evaluation of bioactivity, safety, toxicology and mechanism of action through in vitro models: microbiological studies, cell viability, digestion simulation models, genomics and proteomics.
• Preclinical studies in animal models.
• Nutritional assays in humans to determine the potential health benefits, mechanisms of action, bioavailability, etc, of the bioactive compounds under study.
• Clinical human assays to evaluate safety, pharmacokinetics tolerance, mechanisms of action, etc, of the bioactive compounds under study.
• Multicenter clinical trials using inpatient and/or outpatient procedures.